Whether you are about to attend your first High Performance Driving School with the BMW Club, or you want to build or maintain a vintage race car for historic racing, Midwest Performance Cars is uniquely positioned to help you to achieve your goals. Tom Simmons, the owner of MPC, has been driving and instructing at race tracks across the country since 1990. At MPC our staff is our team; and are regularly involved as drivers, mechanics, and/or support crew over the years.
For those who wish to race their cars wheel to wheel, there are many opportunities and facilities to do so around Chicago. Both the BMW Club and the Porsche Club have very active club racing in the area. There is also a very active Mazda Miata spec series as well as a host of other classes with both the Midwest Council and NASA organizations. Finally , there is vintage racing, an exciting opportunity to race against other makes and models from days gone back. If you are interested in racing as either a participant or a spectator, we at Midwest Performance Cars are happy to provide anything from information to complete preparation.
Many of our clients discover driving events through Midwest Performance Cars and we are thrilled to share our passion for the sport. Often clients begin to modify their cars as they become more and more involved in auto racing or auto club events. At Midwest Performance Cars, we are happy to provide not only the modifications, but also and more importantly, good advice on what performance auto parts to buy and how to modify your car should be tuned and built to ensure that you get the very highest levels of performance, safety, and fun! We are so committed to race track safety, that we perform the mandated pre-track technical inspections AT NO CHARGE for our clients.
Track prep services offered by Midwest Performance Cars:
- Free pre-event technical inspections
- Safety Equipment Installations: harness bars, roll bars, racing seats, 5 and 6 point racing harnesses, fire extinguisher installation.
- Brake Upgrades – racing pads, stainless steel brake lines, big brake kits
- Suspension Upgrades – performance shocks and springs, coil over packages, performance sway bars, racing tires, shock tower braces, performance roll bars, etc.
- Power Upgrades – chips, cold air intakes, performance exhaust, headers, turbos, intercoolers, fuel systems, fuel cells, engine rebuilds and modification
- Weight reduction
- Complete car fabrication